Tuesday need-to-know: 5 stories
Here are five things to know heading into Tuesday, Sept. 12.
1. Petitions for a measure to increase tax on tobacco products sold in South Dakota are circulating in Mitchell.
2. A man cycling from Seattle to Washington, D.C. to awareness about children's mental health issues stopped in Mitchell to speak to the Abbott House.
3. Mitchell's volleyball team is 9-0 and ranked No. 2 in the state. Serving has been key in the success.
4. The Mitchell Board of Education heard a report on the Fine Arts Center usage during Monday night's regular meeting.
5. Our editorial board says the city of Mitchell is wasting resources staffing a police officer to block closed-door council meetings.