Sections

Weather Forecast

Close

Fire department responds to smoke at the Edgerton Apartments

The Mitchell Fire Division. (Republic file photo)

No one was injured following a report of smoke on Tuesday at Mitchell's Edgerton Apartments.

The Mitchell Fire Department responded to a report of smoke coming from one of the ground floor apartments at approximately 9 a.m. to the complex located at 1111 S. Edgerton St.

According to the building's property manager, a tenant had left the oven on self-cleaning mode while using the dishwasher and leaving the back stove burner on, creating smoke in the apartment.

Shortly after their arrival, Mitchell firefighters cleared the smoke at the scene.

Advertisement
randomness